ArchivIA - Archivio istituzionale dell'Universita' di Catania >
Tesi di dottorato >
Area 09 - Ingegneria industriale e dell'informazione >
Utilizza questo identificativo per citare o creare un link a questo documento:
|Autori: ||Contino, Alessandro Patrizio|
|Titolo: ||Solar mirrors characterization for concentrating solar power technology|
|Abstract: ||The increasing availability on the market of different types of solar reflectors such as: polymeric film mirrors, aluminum mirrors and thin glass mirrors, together with: the lack of available norms in this area, and a valid methodology to compare the performances of the candidate reflectors; highlights the necessity to conduct a more detailed analysis on these new technologies.
The objective of the present work is to suggest a valuable method to compare the reflectance performance of mirrors, evaluating also their performances in order to assess:
- the most durable to ageing and weathering effects;
- the different reflectance behavior with the variation of the solar incident angle.
.For these reasons the work here proposed was carried out with an experimental apparatus composed by:
- An Agilent Cary 5000 UV/Vis/NIR spectrophotometer to test the different performance of the mirrors at different characterization steps;
- An integrating sphere of 150 mm in diameter (DRA ¡V Diffuse Reflectance Accessory);
- A VASRA (Variable Angle Specular Reflection Accessory);
- A UV chamber to accelerate the ageing process;
- A £gScan SMS Scatterometer for RMS Roughness and BDSF measurement;
- An outdoor bench
The work was completed with two modeling tools:
- An engineering equation solver (Mathcad) to dynamically evaluate the behavior;
- A ray tracing software (Soltrace) to evaluate the system¡¦s optical efficiency.
The analysis indicates that the candidate reflectors can be accurately characterized with five fundamental parameters:
a) £lSWH, the solar-weighted hemispherical reflectance;
b) £lSWS, the solar-weighted specular reflectance;
c) £lSWS( á), the solar weighted specular reflectance function of the variable angle of incidence;
d) BDSF, Bi Directional Scattering Function;
e) RMS Roughness
This evaluation will provide a valuable tool, for the companies who want to invest in concentrating solar power technology, to decide whether or not using a candidate reflectors to realize new plants, assessing their performances, their costs, and their durability.|
|In||Area 09 - Ingegneria industriale e dell'informazione|
|CNTLSN81R03C351N-SOLAR MIRRORS CHARACTERIZATION FOR CONCENTRATING SOLAR POWER TECHNOLOGY.pdf||SOLAR MIRRORS CHARACTERIZATION FOR CONCENTRATING SOLAR POWER TECHNOLOGY||15,44 MB||Adobe PDF||Visualizza/apri
Tutti i documenti archiviati in ArchivIA sono protetti da copyright. Tutti i diritti riservati.